Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Something GRAND

This weekend will be the start of something grand! GrandKIDS, that is! Grandpa (Dan) and I will be hosting Clara and Robert, on our own, for ten days, or so. Although I have gone to their house to take care of Clara for a few days at a time, this will be the first time to keep the two of them, and the first time to keep them, sans parents, at our house. I hope it will be just the first of many such times, especially after we move closer to them next year.

One thing I want my grandkids to remember about me is that I always had time for them. So I have set aside all other responsibilities for these days, and plan to dedicate all of my minutes and hours to them. I foresee hours and hours of book-reading, coloring, block-building, doll-dressing, tickling, truck-driving, pretending, cookie-baking, hide-and-seeking and a few “field trips” to kid-friendly spots around town.

Isn't it GRAND?

4 comments:

Janet said...

Enjoy, It will be GRAND! I love the time I have with Rylan.

Anonymous said...

It will be wonderful ! I wish I were closer to get in on a little bit of the treat. Have a ball.

Love.....Mom

Anonymous said...

Wow! What lucky grandparents! Have a great time!

Genie

Anonymous said...

Some of my favorite memories of my grandparents were sharing their 'real lives' with them.

I loved the time spent with my Grandpa Price shadowing him on his milk route for Kraft. Getting that grape soda on break. It tasted better than any other soda then or since.

B