- Eat sashimi (raw fish) - I just can't bring myself to put it into my mouth. Call me "squeamish about sashimi." (And say that ten times, fast!)
- Get a face lift - I don't have anything against it, but I'm just a chicken when it comes to needles, scalpels and . . . pain.
- Smoke or drink - I've gone close to six decades without either; why start now? Neither one holds any attraction for me.
- Stop reading - I suppose my eyes could get so bad that I wouldn't be able to read, but there are always books on CDs.
- Be thin - I've tried, it seems, my whole life, and all it has done is steadily move me in the other direction.
- Wear high heels - I never learned to walk in them, when I was young; and walking, itself, is enough of a challenge now!
- Write the "great American novel" - I love to write, but I don't have the talent to sustain a complex plot, much less several intertwining plots.
- Say, "I'd be bored if I didn't work" - Not me! I have too many things I want to do, and too little time to do them.
- Be wealthy - It's too late for me to think about that. But I am rich, in the ways that really count.
- Travel to all the places I want to see - But I hope to give it a try!
2 days ago