Saturday, January 5, 2008

Late Christmas; Early Birthday

Tonight we celebrated a late Christmas with Tim, since he wasn't able to accompany us to Chris and Kelsey's. Monday will be his birthday, so we combined the two events into one evening of celebrating.

I prepared our traditional Christmas meal, with the exception of desserts. Tim loves my pasta salad, and he said he'd rather eat another serving of salad for dessert than have pie or cake. He's never been much of a sweet-eater. So I made a big batch of the salad, and sent lots home with him when he left this evening.

He wasn't keen on the idea of posing for a birthday picture, so here's a candid one I snapped as he sat, studying the user manual for his new camera. After all, there has to be at least one picture to memorialize a birthday!

Watch for my Monday post (Tim's actual birthday), when I'll have a little more to say about the birthday boy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was so great to "see" Tim. And it looks like such a warm and cozy birthday party night by your beautful fireplace.

Thanks for letting us peek into the dinner party.

And, Tim, a VERY happy birthday to you. I wish we were all celebrating it at Abby's in Newberg together!

Miss you all,

Nana in the north