Sunday, August 17, 2008

WINNER! WINNER! WINNER! PAPA JOHN of VANCOUVER


Well, the Luck of the Irish shone on you today, Papa John! You've captured the pot at the end of the rainbow. IRELAND IT IS! It'll be a year from now before we bring home your prize, so in the meantime, here's a little Irish blessing to carry you through:

May the luck of the Irish
Lead to happiest heights
And the highway you travel
Be lined with green lights.

(By the way, for those of you wondering, the John Wayne movie was The Quiet Man.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an exciting trip you have to look forward to. I am happy for you, and wish Papa John happy days too.

I always wished I could see Scotland, since it is the land of my ancestors on my Father's side, but that does not look like a relity any more. Love....Momewpxf

Papa John said...

Wow! I'm glad I waited for the dead giveaway clue 'cause I felt strongly it would be somewhere in the British Islands. I was actually 50/50 between Ireland and Scotland, so that pointer at the grand ol' favorite movie was a cincher, of course. To those of you who have not seen "The Quiet Man" or don't remember it, put it high on your Netflix or local video shop list. It's a true classic. And... - Ta Ta !! - Let me wish you guys a safe, delightful trip and the making of many precious memories! John.