Friday, June 6, 2008

Home Sweet Home - Update on Mom

The plan is for Mom to go home tomorrow morning, a little more than two months after taking the fall that landed her in the hospital and, later, the Lakeview care facility. It's the day she's been yearning for, and I'm so happy for her.

I will travel down to Carlsbad tomorrow morning, probably arriving around 2:00 in the afternoon. That way I can be there for her first two or three nights at home. I'll either come home on Monday or Tuesday, depending on how she is doing.

She tells me she is pretty mobile, with the help of a walker, now. Home health care will be coming to visit her on a regular basis, and the physical therapist from Lakeview will also be coming to her house, to continue working with her.

Thanks to all of you who have sent your love and encouragement her way. It meant a lot to her.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful news! Have a safe trip and enjoy your
visit with your mom.........genie