Sunday, June 12, 2016

A Very Special House-Guest

Yesterday I drove to Somerville, half-way between our kids' home and ours, where Kelsey handed Robert over to me. The plan is for him to spend the week with us.

Most of yesterday afternoon and evening he was totally engrossed in taking pictures. I gave him a little camera that I no longer use, and he caught on to how to operate it very quickly. After taking pictures of EVERYTHING in the house, we went for an evening walk around the neighborhood so he could have some new subject matter.

Today, being Sunday, we went to Starbuck's for breakfast, and then to church. He remembered clearly that last time he was here we did the same thing, and he couldn't wait to get a slice of Starbuck's lemon pound cake . . . his favorite!

After lunch today, at the Chinese restaurant, the three of us -- Robert, Grandpa and I -- played a rip-roaring game of UNO. He's a good player, and delights in playing "Draw Four" cards on me!

I can't wait to see what all this week will hold for us. There's never a dull moment!

He's just getting over some sort of virus. I guess that's why his nose was so red this morning!

After his morning dose of medicine, though, he was feeling much better! :-) 



No comments: