Thursday, September 27, 2007

Keeping My Cold Germs at Home

Yesterday I woke up with a cold. It had actually been coming on for a couple days, but I had been hoping it was just fall allergies. Yesterday it felt like a cold, and I stayed home to rest and to avoid spreading my germs around the office.

I'm not normally one to complain about being bored, because I never seem to find enough time to do everything I want to do. But yesterday, when I only felt like lying on the couch, I did get bored. I tried reading, but that made me sleepy. I tried using my laptop, but it gave me a headache. I tried watching TV, but there wasn't anything worth watching. The best thing I found to do was sleep.

Speaking of watching TV, we have been selected to be a "Nielsen family." Soon to come in the mail will be our one-week diary, in which we are supposed to keep track of everything we watch. They gave us a $10 gift card (usable anywhere) as a "thank you." I'm actually really happy to do this. Our household's one little voice is insignificant, I suppose, but at least it makes me feel like someone cares enough to ask.

This morning I'm planning to go to work - still not feeling great, but at least I did get a good night's sleep. I only have to make it until 12:30, the end of my work day. So I'm off to give it a try.

No comments: