Monday, January 11, 2021

Snowfall in Central Texas

A winter storm was predicted for our area, for Sunday, but I said, "I'll believe it when I see it." Well, I saw it, and it was beautiful. It snowed nearly all day yesterday, and we had several inches of the white, fluffy stuff by late afternoon.






This morning the sky is blue and the sun is shining, but it is only 30 degrees, so the snow is still blanketing the ground. Snow is a treat for this part of the state. Schools are closed, as are some major roads, including sections of I-35. I'm glad I don't need to go anywhere, and can just stay home and enjoy the wintery scenery.



4 comments:

Trish seguine said...

I found your blog while doing research on Ragtime Hattie. I am attempting to write a novel set in Juneau in the early 1970's. I moved to Juneau as a teenager in 1959 and would like to talk with you.

Linda Judd said...

Hi Trish,
I remember the name Sequine - I think a Merle Sequine - in Juneau. Any relation? How fun that you are writing a novel set in Juneau!!! I moved there in 1957, so not that much before you. I was in third grade then. I have written a book - mostly for my grandchildren - about growing up in Juneau, but it was just a self-published one. I'd love to read your novel! And I'd be happy to talk. My dad owned a bakery downtown, on Franklin St (Clark's Bakery). Our paths might have crossed at times!
Linda

Laura Hagen said...

Love that picture of the cardinal in the snow!

Linda Judd said...

Thanks, Laura. Aren't they just the prettiest birds? Especially in contrast to the snow!