Friday, January 29, 2021

It's A COVID Birthday!!!

Yesterday was my birthday! It was #72, which was validated by Chris, Kelsey and the kids when they sent me an early morning, on-line Amazon birthday greeting and gift-card in the amount of ... you guessed it ... $72. 

Sitting by my breakfast plate - the breakfast having been cooked by Dan - was a sweet card from him.

Not long after that, the doorbell rang, and it was our special friends, George and Twilla. Twilla was not feeling well, so stayed in the car. George, however, stood at our door with his face-mask on, and handed me a red velvet cake and a gift bag. Inside the bag was a very cute apron, hand sewn by Twilla. 



In the afternoon Amazon delivered a cool gift to me, compliments of our good friends, Kay and Andy. It was a murder mystery game. I can't wait to play it. Solving mysteries and puzzles is one of my favorite things. But I am going to wait until we are able to get together with Kay and Andy, so we can play it together. 


I also got several birthday cards in the mail and a few birthday text messages, including one from my granddaughter, Clara! And speaking of grandkids ... I also received this greeting from grandson, Robert. It put the biggest smile on my face!


For dinner, Dan suggested we do a curbside pick-up meal from Olive Garden. Yum! It was really delicious, and made a perfect end to my birthday. So, despite isolation, it was a delightful day. My hope is that we can celebrate once again, maybe on March 28 instead of January 28, in the company of a few friends. With the COVID vaccines becoming more widely available, that might be a good date to shoot for.

2 comments:

Laura Hagen said...

Happy Birthday Linda! Sounds like a nice day in spite of COVID!

Linda Judd said...

It was a good one, Laura. Thanks for reading and commenting!!! Hope all's going well for you.