Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update January 26 - GOOD NEWS

Bell County has approved COVID vaccinations to people in the 1-B category (those over 65 and those with qualifying chronic medical conditions). Dan and I are both over 65, which puts us in this 1-B category. 

Baylor Scott and White (our medical provider) says they will contact qualifying patients as the vaccine becomes available. So far, no call from them. Bell County Public Health has a website where 1-B folks can sign up for appointments, as the vaccine is available. I was constantly checking that site, and found it nearly impossible to snatch an appointment. Sometimes I would see an opening, but by the time I had filled in the registration form, the appointment was gone. FINALLY, one night about 10 days ago, I thought I'd give it one more look before bed, and I found a small batch of openings. I quickly signed both Dan and I up for February 1 appointments. Later we received a confirming email, saying they were moving us to February 5. I'm perfectly fine with that! So thankful to be on their list! It's like a light at the end of the tunnel, so to speak. 

We will still have to be diligent to get the appointment for our second dose, which should be administered about 28 days later. They say, though, that it's okay if you have to push that second vaccination farther out.

I'm not sure we'll know how to behave once we have gotten both doses of the vaccine. We are so used to isolating that it may feel "wrong" to be out in public once again. 



No comments: