Wednesday, February 22, 2012

I'd Scrub the Floor . . . But My Mop is Out of Batteries!

When we left Albuquerque, we left behind our broom, mop and mop bucket. We needed a broom almost immediately upon our arrival in Temple, but I got by without a mop until this week.

I decided to join the 21st century and buy a Swiffer wet mop, which I'd seen advertised on TV and which looked so handy. So yesterday I made the purchase and came home all excited about mopping my kitchen floor. Though I'd never before needed to read instructions for a mop, I thought I should read the Swiffer instructions, since it was not your ordinary mop. I only got this far:

STEP 1: Insert four AA batteries.

Batteries? In a mop? That tickled my funny bone, and I couldn't stop laughing.

Of course, we didn't have any AA batteries - or rather, we hadn't yet found the ones we packed and moved. Mopping would have to wait until another day. What a great new excuse!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a hoot ! Batteries for the mop. We are living in a different age, aren't we ? I had one of the old Swifters that squirted liquid on the floor, ahead of the mop, but it used no batteries.

Love You....MomRT

jack said...

It also can be used as dust remover when it's dry. You can clean TV, computer, monitor and furniture!
mopping buckets

German Zollinger said...

Cute story! However, don't we always use the littlest of excuses to delay cleaning? But since you just moved in back then, I think that would be justified. XD Likewise, you would have to do all the cleaning again after everything was unpacked.