Monday, January 2, 2012

Oh What Fun!

We spent Friday night at our house in Temple, then drove on in to Spring on Christmas Eve morning. We arrived around noon, to a festively decorated house and children eager for Santa's arrival.

Kelsey and Clara had waited to bake and decorate the sugar cookies until I arrived, so I could be part of the fun. We started to work on them right away. Kelsey used a family recipe for the cookies, and they were delicious. Clara used the rolling pin to roll the cookie dough out, and did an exceptionally good job. I was really proud of her! After the cookies cooled a bit, we all helped decorate them with royal icing and sprinkles.



That evening the children donned their Christmas jammies, and came back downstairs so Grandpa could read The Night Before Christmas.


Right before bed, Clara wrote a note to Santa, which was left beside a plate of cookies and a carrot for his reindeer.



Remembering my own childhood, and how hard it was for me to fall asleep on Christmas Eve, I was surprised at how swiftly both children fell asleep after snuggling into their beds.

No comments: