Monday, September 20, 2010

Bad Car!

Yesterday I drove to Bible class and worship by myself. Dan was still recuperating from some recent health issues (more about that in a day or two). When I first got into the car, I thought I smelled gasoline, but didn’t think too much about it. I had to make a stop before getting to church, and noticed that the odor was stronger. And it was still with me when I got to the church building.

Later in the day, when I got back home, I parked the car in our garage. Before long, the smell was so potent and invasive that I had to move the car out to the street, because the fumes were permeating our whole house. Once I moved it, Dan saw a little puddle under the front end of the car; it appeared to be gasoline or some kind of radiator fluid.

I have it at the shop right now, waiting for a diagnosis. Of course I’m wondering if it has anything to do with the recent run-in I had with a tire tread, in which case the insurance company should pay; or if it is something that is due to normal wear and tear. In the meantime, I had to rent a car to get to work, to a dentist appointment I have today, and back home. I'm hoping for a quick and inexpensive fix (I hear you laughing!).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry about your car AGAIN. Surely it is tied in with the large amount of work that had to be done underneath the car. I hope you are able to get the insurance to pick up the cost. That would ease the pain of over $500. Love You....Mom

Anonymous said...

I am catching up a bit on my blog reading, e mails, FB now. So I just read this. Oh I am so sorry.What a pain. I am going to go on and reada few more of your blogs and see what happened. It's kinda like a soap opera, right?

Love GR