Monday, July 17, 2017

Sourdough Starter: Growing Up Alaskan


Maybe I just have too much time on my hands! I have just finished another project - writing down memories of my childhood. I doubt I'd ever have thought to do this if I weren't so involved in genealogy research. I keep wishing I knew more than birth-, marriage-, and death-dates about these ancestors I'm discovering - ancestors with marvelous, curious given names such as Jerusha, Thankful, Bela, Alphonsine, Pelagle, Charlemange and Longworthy. I keep searching for even one scrap of paper telling me more than facts, telling me a personal story about these people who lived and breathed and laughed and cried. And so, for those who come after me, I decided to leave a short, anecdotal record of my early life. Maybe a great-great-great granddaughter, whom I will never meet, will share my desire to know more intimate details about her ancestors and will consider Sourdough Starter a great find in her genealogical research.

No comments: