Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Reindeer Cookies

I can't take credit for this idea. I found pictures of similar cookies on-line. The on-line version was made with peanut butter cookie dough, but since a special someone in my family has a peanut allergy, I made mine from my old stand-by - snickerdoodles. Having done so, though, I would NOT recommend using snickerdoodles for this project. Per directions, the chocolate chips, M&Ms and pretzles get stuck into the cookies hot from the oven. I ran into trouble because the sugar/cinnamon coating crusted over rapidly, making it hard to push the decorations, especially the pretzles, into the dough. A number of my reindeer lost their antlers in the cooling process. I'm pretty sure that peanut butter cookies would have been easier to work with. Still, they came out pretty cute, and I think a couple of grands will enjoy these reindeer - even the ones who have shed their antlers.





No comments: