Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Baby Nicknames

Awhile back I blogged about needing to pick a nickname for the grandbaby who is due any time now. With Sweetpea, the moniker just came naturally. I use Sweetpea's nickname when I talk about her on the blog, not feeling comfortable publishing her real name. But I also call her Sweetpea, sometimes, when we are having fun together. Choosing a nickname for Baby #2 has been a little more difficult, probably because we don't know whether the baby is a he or a she. Finally, though, I've settled upon two names.

If the baby is a girl, she will be "Shoog." It started out as "Sugar," but I wanted to shorten it to just the first syllable. If I spelled it "Sug," I figured that people would think it was pronounced like "Bug" but with an S - not so cute. Instead, I opted for a phonetic spelling, and now that I'm used to it, I like it!

If he's a boy, though, he'll be "Chip," as in a chip off the old block (his Daddy).

Tomorrow is Kelsey's official due date, although she thought the baby might come early, like Sweetpea did. I think it would be terrific if Chip or Shoog arrived right on time - TOMORROW. Maybe all (s)he has been waiting on was a nickname!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute...very cute.

We'll hope for tomorrow...or wait our today is by now their tomorrow...so any time now is fine, right??

GR

Kelsey said...

You're a day early; it's not til Friday. Not that I'm thinking about it or anything :)

Anonymous said...

Oops. Linda, she says it's Friday.

Don't try to rush thru this pregnancy for her!!

Love,

GR

Linda Judd said...

(Red face) Yes, I was jumping the gun a little bit, GR! I'm not anxious, or anything!

Anonymous said...

I'm doing my late afternoon checking in on Shoog/Chip/Baby Cakes/Snookems, etc.

Oh, and yeah, I'm not excited either.

I'll check back later today.

Love,

GR

Anonymous said...

Just checking.

Love,

GR

Betty W said...

Very exciting!! Did he/she come yet!!??
Those names sound good.

P.S. Just wanted to let you know I´m doing well with my one contact lens. I´m still getting used to it and when working on the computer I still need glasses, but otherwise (like reading my cellphone text´s) it´s working out great. I can leave my glasses at home and can read! Yoohoo!

Linda Judd said...

Betty, I am so glad you are giving it another try! It just keeps getting better for me.

No baby yet, but I am at their house loving on Sweetpea and waiting for the big event. So glad I'm here.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you are there, too! Hope there will soon a second grandbaby to love on, too!

Genie

Anonymous said...

Glad you got there and that all is well so far.

Love,

GR