Friday, September 23, 2022

The Great Escape

Way back in May, for Mother's Day, Chris, Kelsey, Clara and Robert sent me a gift certificate for five people to participate in an escape adventure at Great Escape of Central Texas, in Killeen. I rounded up four friends to join me in this exploit, and scheduled it for July 29. The escape room that I chose was "The Lost Tomb of Anubis," (an ancient Egyptian tomb). 

Of course, if you've read my previous post, you know that I had a stroke on July 26. During my hospital stay, I was determined not to cancel our up-coming, fun girls' day. After all, I kept telling myself and everyone else, the stroke didn't leave me with any on-going symptoms. However, once I was released from the hospital, a great fatigue set in, and I had to admit that I wasn't up to escaping an Egyptian tomb! I called Great Escape and they were so accommodating about letting me cancel with a full refund. A couple weeks later, I rescheduled our same team for Friday, September 2.

The five of us - Kay, Jan, Amanda, Stephanie and I - met for lunch at Clem Mikeska's and then car-pooled to Killeen. We had one hour to try to escape the tomb, and though we came VERY close ... we failed. It really didn't matter, though, because we had such fun working together in trying to solve all of the puzzles. 

I probably never would have done something like this, had it not been for that Mother's Day gift from my kids and grands. So a big "thank you" definitely goes out to them. 💕

L to R: Kay, Linda, Amanda, Jan, Stephanie


No comments: