Friday, July 12, 2024

Juneau Moments

My recent trip to Juneau was very brief. I was there for my uncle's memorial service, but got to see a few long-time, special friends while there, as well. I was blessed to stay with Louise, in her Fritz Cove home. She was such a hospitable hostess! We had a number of meals together, and took some scenic drives. Louise, who was my third grade teacher, in 1957, is now 94 years old, but she can out-do me on trails, sidewalks and stairs! I had brunch with Cindy and JoLynn one day; brunch with Kathy on another day; and enjoyed a nice visit with Janet in Louise's lovely living room. I also saw and spoke with several other friends at church, on Sunday morning. 

Uncle Bud's memorial service was nice. And the next day I gathered with family for the burial of his ashes in Evergreen Cemetery, near the graves of his mother and father. I'm grateful that I was able to be there to say a final "good bye" to my favorite uncle.

The first three or four days I was there, Juneau was dressed in sunshine and blue skies, so I was able to take some pictures. The last couple of days the clouds and rain moved in, quite typical of Southeast Alaska's weather, and the reason it for its gorgeous green forests. 

I'll post, below, just a few of my favorite scenic shots of "home" from this trip. 





Louise, standing on the back porch of the Gruening cabin









No comments: