Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Coronavirus (Covid-19) Update June 10 - Baby Steps!


Yesterday marked another "first" for me in this time of pandemic. I went inside the grocery store and did my own shopping, instead of ordering on-line and picking up at the curb. (The last time I was inside a store was March 16.) I arrived at HEB around 7:45 a.m., and there were not very many shoppers there yet. All of the staff were wearing face-masks, as were about half of the shoppers. It was easy to keep at a distance from other shoppers. I was able to purchase items that haven't been available through on-line shopping, which probably explains why my grocery bill was higher than usual.

Although we are easing up on our self-isolation, we have agreed to go slowly and continue to avoid group activities. For awhile, we will continue with live-streaming worship on Sundays, and we have chosen, reluctantly, to skip our astronomy club's star party coming up this Saturday night.

Bell County's number of infections and number of deaths due to the virus is still on a moderate rise. Here are the Bell County statistics reported in this morning's newspaper: Total cases: 476 (180 in Temple); 237 recovered; 6 deaths

Most of the new cases, and three of the deaths, are due to an outbreak at a Temple nursing and rehabilitation home.


No comments: