Monday, May 27, 2019

Memorial Day Weekend

On Thursday I used my new mixer for the first time, baking a braided loaf of Cinnamon Tunnel and Cherry Bread. We "taste-tested" it that evening (it passed the test), and then wrapped the rest of the loaf up to take to Katy with us on Friday, to share with the kids and grands.


We spent Friday afternoon, all day Saturday and Sunday until around 1:30 with the family.


The kids' last day of school was Thursday, so they were just starting their summer vacation as we got there. Clara will be going to orchestra camp starting today (Monday). She's still an enthusiastic musician, having received the "most outstanding musician in philharmonic" award for her school. While we were there, she spent a lot of her time practicing and performing for us. We are also really proud that she was inducted into the National Junior Honor Society this year.


Robert scooped up a whole passel of academic awards this year, as well. But what surprised me was seeing some of his art work. I didn't know he was such a good artist. I asked him if I could "buy" one of his works, and he offered me one that reminded me of Van Gogh's style. I told him that I'd be really happy to have it, but that I didn't want to take it if his Mommy wanted to keep it. He decided he'd auction it off between us - ha ha! He started the very competitive bidding at $5.00, and in the end I won with a $7.00 bid. Since I only had two five-dollar bills, and he couldn't make change, he got a $3.00 tip and made $10.00 on his painting. I can't wait to frame and hang it.


After church on Sunday we all went to lunch with some friends of Chris and Kelsey's, who were in town for the day. We have met them before, although they've added child-number-three and child-number-four to their family since we've been with them. So, in all, there were 12 of us at the restaurant. Following lunch we parted, and Dan and I drove back to Temple, arriving home around 4:30.

1 comment:

Maariah said...

This kind of set up is usually undeniably the specific massive standpoints associated with obtaining check out uniformity investigation. The exact can make are typically well known magazines the values therefore mannerly. Convenience an individual associated with releasing myself on the set up! backpage Johnson City