Saturday, April 23, 2016

Finishing Up an Old Painting

Over a year ago I worked, in my art class, on a painting of a Santa Fe window with flower boxes (you can see it here). I really struggled with it, changing out what was in the lower part of the windows multiple times, and eventually leaving the windows bare. At that time my teacher suggested some lace curtains or something like that, but I had HAD IT with that painting, and called it done. Ever since, though, it's been calling to me, from its corner of the closet, saying, "Finish me!" So I finally pulled it out last week and started putting some loose weave curtains in the window. Now I feel better about calling it finished. I think adding the curtains helped the reflections and the inside details of the upper windows pop a little, too.


No comments: