Monday, October 8, 2012

Fall's the Best!

Last week Fall really arrived! For the past few nights, the temperatures have been dipping into the 50s, and the high temperatures during the daytime have been in the 60s or low 70s. This is our first Fall in Temple, and I'm excited to see what it will be like. Fall is my favorite season, with none of the other seasons even coming close.

Saturday I went for a walk on a walking path near our house. It's about a two minute drive to get to the trail head. I hadn't walked it before because of the heat, but now that it's cooler, I hope to walk it often. I can't wait to see it when the leaves start turning colors.

Map that is on the sign at the entrance to the trail (where it says YOU ARE HERE).


Last night we had the first fire in our fireplace. You just can't beat Fall! Fires in the fireplace, brilliant leaves, pumpkins and corn stalks on porches, crisp apples, homemade soups and pumpkin pies, a nip in the air, and the promise of Halloween and Thanksgiving.


No comments: