Friday, January 24, 2020

A Weekend with Wynn

Since I was in the Woodlands, for Ruby's memorial service, I decided to see if my friend, Wynn, who lives about an hour from there, would be willing to have me come visit her and spend Friday night. She was so eager to have me come that she talked me into staying two nights. Wynn lives alone (although her wonderful daughter and family live next door), and lives way out in the country, up against the Sam Houston State Forest, so she was hungry for some good ole' girl-talk.

Wynn's lovely farm house
Sunset, Friday evening, through the shutters on Wynn's living room window.
We stayed up late on Friday night and got a good start on that girl-talk. On Saturday we drove back toward The Woodlands and went to a theater to see the new Little Women movie. From there we had a late lunch at Cracker Barrel before driving back to her house. We played "Gin" for awhile and watched Wynn's favorite movie, which she has on DVD - Letters from Juliette. 

Sunday morning dawned with a beautiful sunrise.


We drove back to The Woodlands where Wynn worships with the Woodlands Oaks church of Christ. I really enjoyed the Bible study and worship service. What a wonderful family of God!


Among the members at Woodland Oaks are two other old friends, Don and Karen Gilbert, whom Dan and I knew well back in Oregon. They joined Wynn and I (and Wynn's grandchildren) for lunch at Freddy's. It was great to get caught up on all their family news.


Don and Karen

Wynn and I
I drove home that afternoon, and made it back before sunset. Many thanks to Wynn for putting me up (and putting up with me) for the weekend! I miss her, and wish we still lived nearer.




No comments: